TRUE 2 FOOTBALL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PLAYSTATION 3 ONLINE MADDEN FRANCHISE FOR SIMULATION STYLE PLAYERS.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Trading Draft Picks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dhest23

Trading Draft Picks? Empty
PostSubject: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Obviously we can't do it on the online franchise, but I suggested this in my other OF and we're going to go along with the plan:

Start a new thread in the trade section that is only for draft picks being switched between teams. Keep track of where all the picks go. Then, once we do our draft whichever team is the true owner of the draft pick will PM or send a msg on PSN to that owner of who they want drafted for them. Then, after the draft they will just trade that player over their rightful team or drop them into FA and allow the other team to sign them.

For example, if I trade with the Falcons and get their 2nd round pick. I'll send Swag a message and say "I want Tim Tebow". Swag will then draft Tebow for me and send him over to my team.

See how easy this works? And adds another dimension to this franchise and more strategy becomes involved with it. Also, makes for a lot more hit or miss trades because we would most certainly be trading away "proven" players for draft picks. I, for one, love the idea and would be more than willing to be the guy to keep tally of the picks in our thread. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
delly16

PostSubject: Re: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 1:58 pm

i had the same thought i was just waiting until closer to the playoffs to post about it but yea i agree totally
Back to top Go down
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:40 am

I would caution this, as it would require quite a bit of coordination and if someone misses the draft or doesn't get the memo in time, it could screw things up for you big-time, and the other teams aren't going to be willing to "fix" it for you, so be careful if you do this.

Also, what happens if the person you are trading with leaves OF? Your deal would go away as the new person would not want to accept something they were not a part of, and CPU trading is not allowed.
Back to top Go down
Dhest23

PostSubject: Re: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:21 pm

That's an easy fix. Set rules in stone that if someone leaves the franchise, everything they've done sticks and the new owner takes over what they did
Back to top Go down
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:50 pm

I skipped through a dummy season to see what the draft was like and found some interesting things

1. All the draft picks are shown pre-draft with all ratings shown, the only question is their potential, so you know pretty much what you are getting
2. Their is a draft board and u have the opportunity to set it up pre-draft, which will be used if u cant make the live draft also u should use it regardless do to connection and time constraints
3. There is a chat screen u can switch to during the draft, useful for trades, however read #4
4. Commish sets time between picks but the max is only 1 minute! Not much time at all if selecting for another team, making the draft board very useful, in my simulation i took a 73 wr that had a 30 carry rating, i didnt have enough time to fully research
5. Players seemed about the same as in other drafts and pretty accurate, 19 were 80+ and another 30 were 70 to 79 overall, so by the 3rd round most players left are sub 70 the interesting thing was i drafted a 61 ovr DT but he has "A" potential, im going to make him a starter and simulate another season to see if this translates to double digit improvement
6. When commish chooses to end the draft your picks are auto signed and the next season starts, free agent rookies that were not drafted are in free agents
7. Retirements happen pre-draft
8. Only the commish can pause the draft, so we should prob add rules around this such as only if next pick has a connection issue
9. After the season it doesnt show progression but it does happen, this is annoying, so if u want to know u should write them down before seasons end

If u have questions about the draft ask me here
Back to top Go down
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:55 pm

It also signed my draft picks even though i went over player limit, it probably would have made me cut players before starting season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trading Draft Picks?   Trading Draft Picks? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trading Draft Picks?
Page 1 of 1