TRUE 2 FOOTBALL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PLAYSTATION 3 ONLINE MADDEN FRANCHISE FOR SIMULATION STYLE PLAYERS.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Slinger17

OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 4:37 am

Ok, so while Swag is sorting out the Colts/Saints fiasco, we'll go ahead and do the FA draft. Here's how it's going to work (credit goes to Bolligal on this)

We'll go in reverse order in terms of overall rating as follows:

#1: Lions (65)
#2: Rams (66)
#3: Kansas City (67)
#4: Browns (68)
#5: Bengals (69)
#6: Raiders (69)
#7: Broncos (70)
#8: Bucs (71)

and so on down the line. If there are any ties, it'll go to the worst record last season, followed by points scored last season. CPU teams will be skipped and not get picks in this draft. You must PM me (or email Packerfan.14@hotmail.com) AND Bolligal (just to double check each other) a list of the players you want in order of importance. This is the fastest way to go instead of doing it round by round. We'll then go through the lists and you'll get the top player on your list that hasn't already been taken, and we'll do however many rounds necessary to go through everyone's FAs. Put as man players as you want on there. If you want 30 players, put them on there. You probably won't get all 30, but you'll get at least a few of them. Once you get the players, it's up to you what you so with them. You can sign them or let them stay in FA. After this draft, it'll be a free for all for FAs

In your message, PLEASE tell me your PSN, Team name, and the positions and players (first and last name to avoid confusion), and rank them in order of want.

Here's an example:

PSN: Lionsowner (just made it up, creative, huh?)
Team: Detroit Lions
Players wanted:
1. FB Lorenzo Neal
2. WR Marvin Harrison
3. CB Chris Mccalister

PSN: Ramsowner
Team: St. Louis Rams
Players wanted:
1. WR Marvin Harrison
2. FB Lorenzo Neal
3. CB Chris Mccalister

PSN: Chiefsowner
Team: Kansas City Chiefs
Players wanted:
1. WR Marvin Harrison
2. CB Chris Mccalister
3. FB Lorenzo Neal.

In this example, the Lions would get Lornzo Neal, the Rams would get Marvin Harrison, and the Chiefs would get Chris Mccalister.

Does all this make sense? I'll probably tally and announce the results on Tuesday/Wednesday so have your applications in by then!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/JohnBrusaw?ref=profil
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:44 am

Okay, the Lions FA draft board is complete, I PMed it to both of you. BTW, has anyone been able to get ahold of the Saints owner? Not only is he my week 1 matchup, but he also signed some free agents some of us may be interested in. Hes not responding to PMs or PSN messages.
Back to top Go down
Slinger17

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 6:46 am

Don't worry, Swag is taking care of it. As a last resort he said he might just kick the guy off, take over the saints, undo all the moves, then switch back to the falcons
Back to top Go down
Dhest23

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 8:11 am

My FA have been PM'd to both of you
Back to top Go down
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:16 am

sounds good, I sent you an email. I think we should give a hard deadline on this, so that the teams needing some FAs can have them before playing several games. Tuesday at noon eastern?
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:16 am

Yea even Tuesday seems quite a ways yet... id like to get free agents before my first game if at all possible (im the lions after all). The longer we wait too, the more chances there are for people who aren't listening to scoop them up, causing more problems. IMO, set the deadline much sooner. People knew that an online franchise was going to be a bit involved, and its their fault for not staying active on the boards.
Back to top Go down
Dhest23

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I agree. I think it must be mandatory to stay active on the boards to be a part of this. I'm having no trouble staying fairly active, with school, work and a personal life. It's really not that bad
Back to top Go down
Slinger17

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:34 pm

I wouldn't mind making it sooner, but I'm just giving Swag enough time to sort out the whole Colts/Saints thing. I don't know how long that'll take and we really can't do anything until that's taken care of first. I do understand the issue though. How about by Monday at midnight EST/9pm PST (assuming the Colts/Saints thing is taken care of by then)? I'll be online then to count everything up and post the results.
Back to top Go down
H1GHL1GHT

H1GHL1GHT

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:07 am

So how do we know whos turn it is to pick?
Back to top Go down
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:34 am

read the first post in this thread
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:11 am

Just for the record guys, it looks like the saints and colts have reversed their free agent signings, so as far as that goes we are good.
Back to top Go down
Slinger17

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 9:15 am

H1GHL1GHT wrote:
So how do we know whos turn it is to pick?

lol man, I didn't right a wall of text for nothing. It goes in order of overall rating. Lions first, Patriots last (or is it Steelers? I dunno, I'll figure it out later). Doing a conventional draft will take way too long so PM a list of guys you want (in order of preference) to me and Bolligal we'll do sort it out based on the lists, very similar to an auto draft in fantasy football
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:37 am

And there goes Marvin Harrison again... you can thank the Chargers this time for not listening. Good thing hes no on my draft board Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H1GHL1GHT

H1GHL1GHT

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 am

This seems like too much trouble. Because you have to sort through everyones picks. Guys don't know whos free still. Some guys are inactive and that's going to slow it down.

I'm in another league and the way they did it was somewhat the same but instead of sending you the picks, they just posted a list and it went by the the teams overall rating. The lowest rated team getting 1st pick. Then they posted what time the draft was going to take place....say the 29th so everyone had a chance to know about it. Then they put a time limit for you to make your pick. If you weren't active or didn't make your choice then you were skipped.

It was only 1 round then after everyone had a chace to make a pick they opened it up for anyone to chose players. Which again they put a time for when it was open for everyone.

They listed every team & the teams picks. It went very good and fast.
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 am

Highlight I dont think thats reasonable. That sounds like a live draft, the odds of getting all 20 members on at the same time probably wont happen. I really like how we play to do it with the draft boards. If you get your pick, you have the option to sign him or not. After week 1, the free agents pool is a free for all. It really doesnt seem that difficult.
Back to top Go down
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:37 am

yeah, there's no way live draft works for this, it would either be dominated by 3-4 people, or take a month to make it work for everyone. This way is much easier and thanks to Slinger17, we have a great volunteer to do all the leg work. I personally would like "live" draft, but realize that it wouldn't be fair to everyone, some people just don't have flexible schedules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!   OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL FREE AGENT DRAFT!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TRUE 2 FOOTBALL :: FRANCHISE (come here after you register) :: FREE AGENT DRAFT-
Jump to: