TRUE 2 FOOTBALL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PLAYSTATION 3 ONLINE MADDEN FRANCHISE FOR SIMULATION STYLE PLAYERS.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Game of the Year

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dhest23

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Falcons @ Patriots - Week 3
Falcons 31, Patriots 28 (OT)

Offensive explosion from start to finish. Zero punts, that's right zero punts in regulation (and, neither team had a 4th down btw). Ryan Grant opens the game with his first rushing TD as a Patriot. Nearly immediately followed by a Tony Gonzalez TD in the red zone with Matt Ryan being hit and just barely getting the pass off. In the 2nd, Grant scores for the second time on the day and puts New England up 14-7. And then, toward the end of the half Matt Ryan sneaks it in with under a minute left. But, New England isn't going to wait until halftime. Brady comes out with a fade route to Moss for a huge pickup putting New England in FG territory to take the lead at the half. An under thrown ball to Matt Jones in the end zone ends these hopes with an interception by William Moore, who takes it to the two yard line. Luckily time had expired. On to the 2nd half, the ball was controlled by the Falcons the entire third quarter capping the drive with a 2-yard TD pass to Tony G. New England fires back a few minutes later with another Ryan Grant TD knotting it up at 21 all. Then, a few minutes later, it's third down for the Falcons and it looked like the pressure was going to get to Matty Ice and we may see our first stop on third down, but Ryan stays calmly in the pocket and hits Roddy White on the screen for the 51-yard TD. Less than 2 minutes later Ryan Grant scores TD #4 on the day. Then the tides turn for the defensive side of the ball. Very uncharacteristically, Michael 'the Burner' Turner fumbles the ball recovered by Adalius Thomas. Atlanta challenges but the the play is upheld by the booth. The very next play, Brady play-action looking for Randy Moss on the fade. The pass rush gets to him quickly and Brady tosses up a desperation ball intercepted by Chris Houston. So, Atlanta gets bailed out and has a chance to end the game. After converting a few third down conversions Jason Elam is set up for the game winner from 46 yards out only to miss it wide left. To overtime we go! Atlanta wins the toss and looks poised to take home the victory. But, for the first time all game the offense is forced to punt. So, now it looks like New England is poised to take home the victory. But, this time a three-and-out ends their hopes. The Falcons get the ball back and don't think twice about it. Ryan set up a huge drive. Third and one, get the first down, hit the field goal, go home. Easy, right? Holding call brings it back. Third and 11 now. Harry Douglas on the post route across the middle goes up and makes the biggest catch of the game setting Atlanta up for the game winning 36-yard FG. Elam doesn't disappoint again and hits the game-winner. What a game!

I'll gladly take my first loss in this fashion, albeit I should've taken home the victory after that Turner fumble, but that's how it goes. Hell of a game Swag!! Hope to see you again this season...
Back to top Go down
Slinger17

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:51 pm

You're welcome Dhest Wink

Sorry Swag :\
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/JohnBrusaw?ref=profil
Dhest23

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:14 am

15 Carries, 61 Yards, 4 Touchdowns
I'll take it... Fred Taylor's explosive game was against the CPU, so Ryan Grant actually did much better for me
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:36 am

Awesome Awesome game. I was literally on the edge of my seat. If we can have more games like that there is no way this league can disappoint. 0 sacks all game. Flawless offenses literally until the final moments. I honestly would of been content if it ended in a tie or a loss on my part because it was fair and square and entertaining unlike 90% of online games.

and btw ive never played him but slinger just has too many weapons to not make huge noise in this league. lol
Back to top Go down
https://true2football.forumotion.com
Dhest23

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:38 am

It was fantastic, mistake free football until the end of regulation where both threw the game away on a few plays. I'm fine with it though. One loss isn't going to hurt anything
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:42 am

I must applaud you though for shutting down M. Turner and basically my entire run game. Makes me think about upgrading my line... or practicing more Razz
Back to top Go down
https://true2football.forumotion.com
Dhest23

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:44 am

Same goes for you shutting down Tom Brady. No touchdowns and 2 picks after I started off 7 TDs and 1 pick the first 2 games
Back to top Go down
Slinger17

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Awesome Awesome game. I was literally on the edge of my seat. If we can have more games like that there is no way this league can disappoint. 0 sacks all game. Flawless offenses literally until the final moments. I honestly would of been content if it ended in a tie or a loss on my part because it was fair and square and entertaining unlike 90% of online games.

and btw ive never played him but slinger just has too many weapons to not make huge noise in this league. lol

I think I'm personally getting far too much credit! I think we'll find out for sure next week against the Vikes jsut how good my weapons really are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/JohnBrusaw?ref=profil
Sponsored content

Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year   Game of the Year Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year
Page 1 of 1