TRUE 2 FOOTBALL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PLAYSTATION 3 ONLINE MADDEN FRANCHISE FOR SIMULATION STYLE PLAYERS.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...

Go down 
+2
bobjr0526
ntp04
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ntp04

Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... Empty
PostSubject: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:45 am

Just FYI guys, week 5 has begun. We apologize to anyone that was unable to play their week 4 games. However, we have made it known that we only want to spend 2 days per week, so there are going to be weeks when a few of us dont get their games in.

Its not a huge deal, the computer just sims the game. And honestly in my opinion I think that will work as a good balancing system for some of the player standings anyways. Since we only have 16 player teams, many of us keep having computer opponents and are getting easy wins. I think the random sims here and their should balance team records out a little bit and make some of the stats a little more realistic.

I suggest everyone starts looking at their matchups a few weeks in advance. Notice if you have a player opponent, and if you do, try to get them added to your PSN network friends list before the week even begins. That way you can start to send each other messages, and set up what times work best for the two of you.

Also, the Calendar is now a little off, since swag didn't advance after 2 days. Im not sure if he plans to adjust all the dates, or if we are going to speed through one of the weeks... what does everyone say to a automatic sim week... I dont really care what week, preferably not week 5 now though, since a few people have already played there games. This way we could get the franchise in line with the calendar again, and also as I stated above, its kind of a nice way to balance out stats and records. What does everyone say to that?

Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post, I just really want to see this franchise keep going. We've lost a few people but I want everyone else to stay on board. So im just trying to get some things cleared up, and also inform everyone so we are all on the same page. Everyone feel free to post any comments or suggestions as well.

- ntp04 (Detroit Lions)
Back to top Go down
bobjr0526

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:07 am

i agree man, i was just nervous about being booted if i can't get ahold of the owner of that weeks opponent. Some leagues will just kick you straight out
Back to top Go down
duaneg

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:08 am

Well I lost my sim game due to dude being out of town for work..... Would have been nice had he informed someone ahead of time....

I also feel I lost tonight against ntp04, sorry bro but i whooped your ass...., because of the sim and sim injuries, taking out my kicker for the season..

I HATE sim injuries I think they are total shit. cmon now swag why did ya leave that crap on?? Or am i the only one who feels this way?
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/doornob
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:27 am

I dont really feel like sim injuries bothers me that much. Yes I did win partly because your kicker was injured (missed FG returned for a TD), but injuries are a huge part of football. Anyone that follows football knows that all week long one of the biggest discussions are whos playing and who cant because of injuries. Whether you control your team or the computer does, injuries should still happen.

And you cant be too upset about the kicker, its our own responsibility to know whos injured going into a game, even if the game was simed. I check my roster before every week and readjust my depth chart accordingly if I know someone is injured.

Anyways thats just my 2 cents. I agree you played a way better game, your D pretty much owned my offense all game. I couldn't get anything going offensively. And then Parker ran all over my defense. I was just able to capitalize on a few mistakes and pulled off a victory.

By the way, for your reference duaneg and everyone elses... If your punter is in the kick a FG (im assuming that was your punter), when we are at the play selection screen it will say "Punt" instead of "Field Goal". It actually almost threw me off. Im assuming the game is coded to always say Punt if the punter is in and Field Goal if its the kicker, even though that may not be the case.
Back to top Go down
duaneg

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 6:03 am

was my punter and play selection was field goal.

just had a sandy vagina about it, annoys me Very Happy

I know it was my responsibility to check my roster, and I have no problems with injuries, BUT I don't like it when I am not playing them and they get hurt. Did they go for a fake or some such nonsense which led to him getting hurt?

I mean he tore his ACL wtf was he doing channeling Bill Gramatica????
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 am

Lol yea to be honest I was wondering how he would have gotten injured too lol. A kicker shouldn't even get touched.
Back to top Go down
duaneg

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 3:29 pm

SEASON ENDING NO LESS
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:31 am

Hey duaneg btw... whats up with you having to start your game against the Browns SIX different times? Were the Browns giving you some trouble or something? Wink

Lol im just messing with you, but IMO it looks like someones trying to pad some stats or something starting that many times.
Back to top Go down
duaneg

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 am

I kept getting disconnected from the EA Servers dunno wtf was going on

no padding. wish the first game hadnt disconnected. Had only like 3 mins of possession time Parker having 4 TD's of 85 73 65 and 45 Holmes having 3 TD receptions of 70 67 and 54

I disconnected from the server with 1 minute left in the game. Kept doing it to me at different intervals throughout trying to play the games /shrug
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 9:08 am

Heh ya its cool though dude, just giving you a hard time. I guess it doesnt really bother me if people do that anyways. We all are going to have computer games, and we all are going to get some easy wins. Id rather people stay in the league and have fun though leave anyways.

Ive been tracking the league leaders and stuff, its fun to see how some of my players are doing compared to everyone else around the league. I just wish progression happened a few times during a season rather then just once at the end.
Back to top Go down
duaneg

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 11:34 am

Yea I keep an eye on that stuff, I am a stat fiend as well Very Happy get pissed in my offlines if I am not leading or near the top in each category hehe
Back to top Go down
delly16

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm

to bad the league leaders page only has limited stats
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:04 pm

delly16 wrote:
to bad the league leaders page only has limited stats

Yea agreed. I dont know why they dumbed down the online franchise so much, but its kind of annoying. I realize its hosted on the EA Servers, but still, I wish it was more like the offline franchise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 am

wow, quite a conversation. im going to get things back on track, we may have to advance a bit early one week, no more excuses.

Also the ballers from the pretenders are beggining to become pretty clear. We just need to weed out a few more of the guys who dont really play when they have 2
Back to top Go down
https://true2football.forumotion.com
bolligal

bolligal

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:15 am

I fear the bucs look like pretenders wither a measly 3-3 record in a division where you need 5 wins to be in a 3-way tie for first, but please don't cut me from the league, hopefully I will get better as my team does.

If only the Eagles (CPU) wouldn't have returned 1 fumbles and 2 int for TDs I would be 4-2. Both pick-6 plays were on plays were my receiver dropped the pass and bobbled it, then a defender managed to miraculously grab it. I can't complain too much though, since I got ALL the love in my victory over the Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
ntp04

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:45 am

Bolligal dont worry about it. I think Swag is more worried about the people who joined the league but dont participate in it. I could care less if you were 0-6 right now personally... as long as your being active on the forums, and making an attempt to set up games with your opponents and play your CPU games then your cool with me.
Back to top Go down
bobjr0526

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 pm

yea Romo threw some ints that day...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:52 am

yea bolligal ntp04 is right, I was talking about guys who joined but dont play their games and never even respond to pm's, it can be frustrating especially when their online.

Also remember if anyone wants to reach me instantly whenever just text my phone
Back to top Go down
https://true2football.forumotion.com
bobjr0526

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 pm

hey swag when you gonna be online again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...   Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things... Empty

Back to top Go down

Week Advancement Information, lets discuss a few things...
Page 1 of 1